Sunday, October 24, 2004

Launching - October 24, 2004

Hi everyone! This is my first attempt at my own blog. You might ask about its name, MachiasPrivateer. I chose it to honor my ancestors who were involved. You can read a brief synopsis from the (presumably unbiased) British point of view
http://www.paonline.com/deanorma/godfreys-machias-report.htm There are also multiple links on this page.
Another more complete description is "Lexington of the Seas" http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/me/washington/machias/amerrev/job9.txt

Col. Benjamin Foster was my fifth great uncle. My fourth great grandfather also participated and later helped capture two more British ships and went on to command a Continental Congressional privateer. So read these stories of how we came to rebell from the British. Keep in mind that this action took place before the Battle of Bunker Hill and more than a year before the Declaration of Independence on June 12, 1775. Hope you find it interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home