Friday, December 17, 2004

Choir of Angels

“Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast” - William Congreve

I have a dream which intertwines various vignettes of recent days. What if we combine the 4th ID and its statue with Iraqi children holding books and teddy bears to sing a hymn taught to them by American GIs. It goes like this:

Jesus loves me this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me. He who died.
Heaven’s Gate to open wide.
He will wash away my sins.
Let His little child come in.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.


Jesus loves me. He will stay
Close beside me all the way
He’s prepared a home for me.
And someday His face I’ll see.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.
The Bible tells me so.

4 Comments:

Blogger M. Simon said...

Very nice,

You trying to start a religious war?

How 'bout a little feeling for the other guy's beliefs?

I was bombarded with this stuff all through grade school (glad they don't do that any more). It took me 30 years to get over the hatred of imposed religion. (I belonged to a different sect - The Jews - you may have heard of them).

Well any way I married a girl of the Christian persuasion. Made her convert before I would even consider marriage and children.

So it is possible this little effort of yours might not work out as well as you hope.

Isn't there something non-denominational that would serve your purpose? Say "America the Beautiful"? Or that old communist favorite "This Land is Your Land", my first mate suggests "This Little Light of Mine".

10:18 AM  
Blogger M. Simon said...

BTW I'm an engineer in Rockford.

10:19 AM  
Blogger M. Simon said...

Also USN

DLG(N)-25

Rod yanker

10:46 AM  
Blogger MachiasPrivateer said...

M. Simon

I'm sure she'll be very proud of you when you show her your comments. Somehow I doubt she's let you become a father yet!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home