Sunday, April 03, 2005

My Condolences on the Passing of John Paul II

The Free World lost a fine man with the passing of Pope John Paul II. I offer my Roman Catholic friends my sincere condolences. I would also offer the suggestion that some of their sadness could be lifted by listening to Emmy Rossum sing “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” from the soundtrack to the move The Phantom of the Opera. The United States would be well served if we asked her to repeat this outstanding performance at the funeral ceremony for the Pope.
In a powerful combination of the spiritual with a non-denominational sentiment, the song expresses a true emotion. Miss Rossum’s performance is breathtaking and was performed when she was only eighteen years of age, a remembrance of the Pope’s connection with the world’s youth. Be sure to listen to an excerpt from it (track 4 on disc 2) by clicking here and selecting the eleventh sample.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home